SPOILERS AHEADIf you find yourself stuck on a certain clue or otherwise unable to solve the puzzle of the Vampire's legacy mystery experience, here are a collection of nudges in the right direction. Provided first are some hints for the puzzle on the whole, and then there are specific hints for each of the clues. At the bottom of the page are outright spoilers (but not the actual solution).
Should you read through these hints and find that you are still unable to solve the puzzle, please request the solution via email to email@example.com.
There are six letter wheels on the cryptex.
Each of the six numbered items/packets contains a letter clue. To find the letter clue you may need to employ careful observation, translation, a search engine, or a combination thereof.
The order of the items/packets corresponds to a letter wheel (e.g., item 1 contains the clue for letter wheel 1, packet 2 contains the clue for letter wheel 2, etc.).
The six letters you discover must be decoded, but the cypher is classified.
1. This is easy if you understand the significance of this being the initial clue.
2. Your translation skills will need to be spot-on to locate this clue.
3. If reading is near to your heart, you should have no problem espying this clue.
4. If you are repulsed at the sight of blood, this clue may be difficult to look at.
5. If the fifth clue you seek to see, simply follow the flight of the bee.
6. A typesetting mistake is the clue you should take.
To reveal the six letter clues, click and drag your cursor between the X's below:
X M P C R P C X
The letters still need to be decoded, however. To reveal the cypher key, click and drag your cursor between the X's below:
X 11 X
Using this key number, go back that many letters in the alphabet for each of the letter clues and you will have the solution to the cryptex.
If you are still unable to solve the puzzle, please request the solution via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.